Saturday, December 25, 2010

Friendship Dilemma

       From my observation, nowadays, Facebook is no longer just a social networking website that people visit leisurely. But, in fact, it can be considered as a ‘must- to- update’ and daily routine for almost everyone all around the world.  According to recent research, Facebook has become the world’s no. 1 social networking website with estimated 550,000,000 monthly visitors, on top of MySpace and twitter, which are respectively on no. 2 and no. 3 positions currently.

But, there is one issue that I would like to raise here regarding Facebook that I am facing currently, which is about Facebook friend requests.  I do personally think that the vital elements in friendship are sincerity and honesty. Well, it is true that we might not know everyone that add us in the Facebook, but I think that there is no wrong for us to befriend with someone that we do not know as long as our intention is good. But, I disdain those whom I feel are not sincere in befriending with someone else. In the case of Facebook, I received quite a number of friend requests from people that I do not personally know, but, so far I normally approved those who use their real name and real picture or my long lost friends that I really know. To me, those who do not use real name or picture are not sincere and serious in befriending with other people. Therefore, I did not approve their friend requests. At least, those who are using fake pictures or anonymous names could send personal message to me or to the person that they want to befriend with, telling who they are or any whatnots.
Some of my pending friend requests

Well, as the saying goes, honesty is the best policy. Hence, please be sincere and honest in friendship, does not matter whether it is in the real or virtual world. That is all from me now, thank you. Assalammualaikum.

No comments:

Post a Comment