Monday, January 24, 2011

It’s My 20th Birthday

19th January 2011 marked another episode of life for me. Yet, it was quite nostalgic for me because I had lost the extension ‘teen’ on my age. I am now 20 years old after all.
Well, this 20th birthday was very memorable for me because the whole batch of my intake sang a birthday song in three different languages during our English language society meeting. It was something that I had not experienced before. Just imagine, they asked you to go to the stage and suddenly a group of about 70 people sang a birthday song, in three different languages.
Sincerely talking, I almost cried as I was very touched and overwhelmed by them. I would like to say thank you very much to the students of PPISMP TESL June 2010 Intake for the birthday song.
Even for me, it had been quite a few years actually since I last celebrated my birthday such as buying cake for my birthday or make a birthday party for myself. It was not because I did not commemorate the day that I was born to this world, but I thought it was enough for me to know that on this particular date, I was born to this world.
Therefore, I am really thankful and thank my parents for it, because without them, it was impossible for me to be on this world and taste the ups and downs of life. Thanks mama and papa for that. From the bottom of my heart, I really love both of you.
Not only that, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my dearest friend, Siti Zalikha Mohd Ridzuan, for giving me the birthday present all the way from Kuching. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

This is the present, a set of belt and wallet. Thanks Ikha.

Last but not least, thank you very much also to those who sent me happy birthday wishes whether through SMS or Facebook posts. I really appreciate all those.
Once again, thank you so much everyone for cheering up my 20th birthday.

3 comments: