Thursday, January 27, 2011

I don’t Want My Kids to Suffer

I am not married and do not even have children yet. I also do not plan to get married yet. There so many things that I want to achieve in the next ten years before I move on to the next stage of my life, which is getting married. Getting married right now is on the most bottom of my wish list, so far.
But that is not the issue that I want to write this time around. The issue that I would like to highlight is that I do not want my wife and children to suffer in the future.
Often, we hear incidents in which the parents have to give away their children to other people or make their children quit the school just because they cannot afford to raise their children due to critical financial problem. It is very sad every time I stumble upon this kind of matter. I almost cry every time I read stories like this. I feel very agitated whenever I hear about children whom live in poverty. Maybe I am a little bit emotional and sentimental when it comes to this matter, but that is what I feel.
I think the right people to be blamed for this matter are the parents themselves. I am not trying to point finger on anybody here because I am sure that no parent in this world wants their family members to live in poverty, but why they just cannot plan ahead for their family before the parents themselves actually get married?
I mean, parents need to make sure that they are financially stable first before they get married. They need to plan for the future, for the family, for children and any unexpected expenses. If you just cannot make the two ends meet, do not get married then. Otherwise, it is your family members who will suffer in the end. That is what I think. Maybe some people do not agree with me but it is okay. I just want to share what I feel about this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment