Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Misunderstanding Occurs

“Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” - Albert Schweitzer
Misunderstanding does happen in our daily life, does not matter whether we want it or not. Very often, I always try my best to be nice with people around me or even with people that I have just met. I will my best not to hurt their feelings and at the same time, I would help them the best that I can without even hoping them to requite what I have done for them. This is because I feel very happy and satisfied every time I am able to help other people.
But, that does not mean that I will sacrifice my principles and beliefs in order to please everyone. I do not want to masquerade just to make others feel happy. I am a very opinionated and passionate about knowledge or any informational subjects.  If I am really engrossed with something, I will be very loud and bold in sharing my vantage point regarding that particular issue.
Unfortunately, some people, sometimes, misunderstood me and thought that I was just showing off my knowledge in front of people. To be frank, I was very disappointed by their interpretations and reaction towards me. I felt insulted and annoyed by them. I could feel from their cold reactions that they thought that I just wanted to show to everyone that I was the best. No, that was not true. I just wanted to share what I knew, my feelings and opinions about something.
Nevertheless, I never threw tantrums to them. I was still able to be patient and calm despite all the bad reactions they had given to me. I do not know till when I can withstand and be patient with their behaviours. To me, I do not care whether people want to talk bad about me or not. As long as I know what I am doing is right, I do not give a damn care to these folks. I do not want to be discouraged by them. What matters to me is myself.
Let us all remain positive, be happy and determined in pursuing our dreams and advocating our ideas. Do not let ourselves be discouraged or even undermined by any hiccup or obstacle that we might encounter in the future.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for comforting me last night...huhuhu..i think you are the best friend that i ever had (btul ka BI sy???hihihi) thanks again for making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete