Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What a Busy Week

Last week was a very hectic and exhausting week for me at IPG Kampus Gaya. Marching practice, sports, tasks and Readers’ Theatre were among the things that I needed to juggle throughout the week. But, the most memorable event for me was the Readers’ Theatre, for sure.
This is the competition.
Readers’ Theatre is a competition in which the participants need to showcase their reading skill together with their presentation ability. Personally, I think that this kind of competition is very beneficial and useful for us, the future English teachers as we shall need these skills when we are teaching later on at the school. 
This competition had also embarked a new experience for me. For the first time in my life, I became an emcee for such a big event. It was very intimidating at first as I did not have any experience in this matter. Also, it was my batch's maiden event at the IPG, so the expectation  was quite high. But then, I took up the challenge and I tried my best to do my part. Alhamdulillah, after a series of strenuous rehearsal sessions, I was so happy and satisfied as everything went well on the competition day.

This is me and my partner for the night, Dyanne.

This is the champion @ my classmates, Raidah and Jeannette. Congratulations girls!
Only then, I realised that in order to learn novel things, we need to experience them and we must not be afraid to try them out. From this event, I have learnt that in order to produce something big and marvellous, practices, team work and also patience are very much needed. Last not least, I believe that we need to challenge ourselves to do something out of our comfort zone, do something new and experience the inexperienced as to discover our hidden talents and potentials that we might not realise before.

These are the backbones of the competition. Well done, guys! I am really proud of you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment